The City of Palatka is partnering with Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission to host a FREE Safe Boating Class/Boat Licensing Event Sat., March 7th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the St. Johns River Center, 102 N. 1st St., Palatka, FL. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THIS FREE CLASS!
AGES: Anyone under 13 preferably to be accompanied by an adult. (may be waived with prior approval)
WHO IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A BOATING SAFETY EDUCATION IS CARD? Anyone born on or after January 1, 1988 who is operating a vessel greater than 10 hp. EXEMPTIONS:
- Accompanied by a passenger who is exempt and over 18 years of age.
- Accompanied by a passenger who possesses a Boating Safety Education ID card and is over 18 years of age.
- Posses a USCG Captain’s License.
- Has a valid Boating Safety Education ID card issued by another state.
REGISTRATION: Sign Up on-line at BoatSafeClay@gmail.com or http://safeboatingjax.com/pages/ClayCountyBoatingClasses.htm - Subject: "Palatka Boating Safety Class". Registrants should list name(s) and age(s) of any teens or younger planning to attend.
CURRICULUM: “How to Boat Smart - Florida Boating Safety Course”
WHAT TO BRING:
- Food: A lunch break will be given around 11:30 – 12:00 for lunch. Students can bring a lunch and eat at the classroom or can leave for lunch at a local eatery. Because this is the same day as Day 1 of the Florida Azalea Festival, there will be plenty of festival food available in Downtown Palatka!
- Supplies: All class supplies are provided including text book; but please bring paper if you intend to take notes.
COST: There is no cost for this class. The USCG Auxiliary appreciates any donations, which will go towards building maintenance and supplies.