WEBSITE PUBLIC NOTICE
The City of Palatka anticipates applying for Rebuild Florida General Planning Support Program (GPS) funding provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to support long-term mitigation efforts by assisting the State of Florida and its local governments in minimizing or eliminating the risks and reducing losses from future disasters. This program is being administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) thru the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program. A total of twenty million dollars ($20,000,000.00) in funding has been allocated by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) for the Rebuild Florida General Planning Support Program. DEO has limited the funding to projects that improve state and local mitigation planning mechanisms, however, a wide variety of plans are eligible to apply for funding. Examples of eligible plans include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regional mitigation plans;
- Modernization and resiliency planning;
- Comprehensive, capital improvement, and community development plans;
- Land use and urban environment plans;
- Historic preservation plans;
- Small area housing and neighborhood plans;
- Integration of mitigation plans with other planning initiatives; and
- An inventory development of properties with known or suspected environmental contamination.
In addition to mitigation plans, the GPS program allows for a range of mitigation activities, including:
- Assessment of Fair Housing;
- Upgrading mapping, data and other capabilities to better understand evolving disaster risks;
- Planning and public service activities necessary to reduce flood insurance premiums in the National Flood
- Insurance Program’s voluntary Community Rating System incentive program;
- Education and outreach campaigns designed to alert communities and prospective beneficiaries to opportunities to further mitigate identified risks through insurance, best practices and other strategies;
- Development and implementation of modern and resilient building codes to mitigate against current and future hazards; and
- Enhancement and update of real property registration and land information systems.
Activities that are typically eligible for funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program as well as specific additional activities as outlined in the State of Florida CDBG-MIT Action Plan for the program are eligible projects if no other funding is available to meet the need. Applications are due in DEO no later than July 31, 2020.
The City of Palatka anticipates submitting an application for the following projects:
Resiliency Wastewater Master Plan
Proposed Community Redevelopment Areas/Plans
Any resident wishing to know more about the proposed project should contact Mr. Jonathan Griffith at (386) 329-0107 or at email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Information relating to the proposed project and application can be accessed on the City of Palatka website located at (https://www.palatka-fl.gov ). Comments from the public must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 30, 2020. All comments will be considered, and proposed changes will be submitted to DEO. Information relating to the proposed project and application is available for review between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the City of Palatka, City Hall located at 201 North 2nd Street, Palatka, FL 32177.
Any non-English speaking person wishing to provide a response to this public notice should contact Ms. Mandi Tucker at (386) 329-0107 or at email email@example.com at least five calendar days prior to July 30, 2020 and a language interpreter will be provided.